Wednesday, April 8, 2009

S L O W M O T I O N

Sorry about the slow report on AI. This little boy cooking inside is kickin' my backside. I don't know if it's him or the fact that I have 4 other little people to keep up on that is slowing me down, but my body mechanics keep hitting pause every 2 min. I'm not sick mind you....just super, super tired and slowmoed and I still have a lovely, summer filled 15 weeks ahead of me. Yikes! I get ultra jealous when I hear about other babies ending their hibernation. Yeah-the commandment breaking kind of jealous. I hope Heavenly Father is merciful to his expectant daughters. I'm only human. I also have to admit directly after having a baby and within the first 6 mos. every time I see a pregnant girl I have to fight the urge to run up to her, giggle and state triumphantly, "I'm sooooo glad I'm not you right now. Been there, done that, taking a break." Anywho....

AI last night was no big deal for me. No stand out greats. I felt like the song choices were TERRIBLE as a whole. I did enjoy Matt G.'s performance and I'm digging his whole Justin Timberlake vibe. I do enjoy me some "Sexyback" every now and then and even have James listed on my phone as such. He's so proud. Allison I. was also noteworthy, although she is still not my fav. Scott proved last night he is just a talented guy who also happens to be blind. He is certainly not Stevie Wonder and was quite lackluster behind the guiter...even more...incredibly awkward. Adam is still not tickling my fancy. Did anyone else notice his massive amounts of freckles as a child? Thus the blech make up to cover them up. That's what's been bugging me about his face. STAGE MAKEUP! I've done a few searches on the guy and was relieved to see I'm not alone in my dislike of his persona as a performer. It will be interesting to see who ends up in the bottom 3. I'm not even gonna speculate who will win the whole thing. It's obviously already written in stone with a standing O from Simon. My guesses for bottom 3 tonight are Scott, Kris (sigh) and Lil.

There's my late opinion and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You give the best summaries - slowmoed or not. You should consider journalism as a back up to wifehood and motherhood. You really do get to the point in an entertaining way!

Whitney said...

Very good assessment, Em. I am glad that Kris was NOT in the bottom three! I wasn't really rooting for Scott but I have to admit I was feeling very sad as he sang his swan song. Although he's not my idea of an "American Idol" I was in awe of his talent.

Fifteen more weeks!? Holy cow, that's FOREVER! I'm just kidding, don't you hate it when people say that kind of stuff when you're pregnant?