Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Success?

The powers that be in our valley have decided that Easter is the perfect time to have only an hour of primary and then gather the entire ward membership in the chapel for a special hour long Easter program and then an hour of Sacrament meeting. I will absolutely LOVE this special meeting day when I no longer have children under 10...as for now I've been dreading this day, knowing I would not only get to enjoy 1 hour of toe stepping, snack searching, book fighting and other miscellaneous Sacrament meeting fun, but I would get to experience 2 full hours of such heart warming behavior. Yes it comes with the gig as a parent, this I know and accept whole heartedly, but with babe in belly, 2 hrs. puts me teetering on the edge. I did get to sing the closing song, I Know That My Redeemer Lives, always a favorite and I am happy to report I was able to reflect for a small moment on the Savior. I've decided the hymns are sung for people like me who rarely get to actually hear the speakers, but can listen to the spirit of the music being sung and have their testimony strengthened regardless. Anywho- I really can't confess to hearing much else from the opening to the closing prayers.

After it was all said and done the lovely brother sitting in back of us (No sarcasm I promise. I do now LOVE this brother.) mentioned kindly to James how well behaved our kids had been. James queried, "That was well behaved?" Brother Lovely then responded, "No one is walking out bleeding."

I am now gauging my success as a parent on that one stipulation. Is anyone bleeding? Nope? Stellar day for one all...Happy Easter Brother L. You made my day.

1 comments:

Kirstin said...

Sounds awful! One hour is too long for me. I'm impressed you stayed the whole meeting.