Thursday, March 5, 2009

Homerun

I was woken up this morning to the words, "Mom today is picture day." In the back recesses of my mind I think I knew this, no I know I knew this. Not only is today picture day, it is also laundry day and wouldn't you know it...Mark's entire collection of 'good' pants is waiting to be fluffed and folded. You know you're on top of you game (and getting ready to add ANOTHER kid to the mix) when you go to the laundry basket, dig through the pile of pants, find the least offensive pair, clean off the bad spots and hand them over to an unsuspecting boy.

Mark lessened the load I bare by telling me, "These will be perfect Mom. Thanks."

One day when he's in his 30's he'll be plugging along at work and remember this morning. He'll call me on the phone and say in an incredulous voice, "Mom did you really send me to picture day in 2 day old pants you cleaned the mud off of?"

"Yes," I'll reply "and your lucky you made it to your 30's. Consider yourself blessed."

2 comments:

buildingburkmemories said...

That is so funny....I have done that same thing with underwear for my kids...making sure they were pretty clean saying you can wear these again...and I'll wash all the other ones for tomorrow, I felt like the worst parent ever, but hey it happens, and I think that they will be very grateful when there older to remember all that we did for them.

Anonymous said...

Mark is a crack up! He is always so grateful. I hope to get a copy of this picture!

When he is 30 he will think back and say to himself, "My mom is so awesome. She always did her very best by me."