Thursday, March 26, 2009

The American Idol According to Emily

I really enjoyed AI last night. On the opposite end of the Beatles spectrum, my mother owned a large dose of Diana Ross and the Supreme's records. Whits and I used to dress up in my mom's slips and lip sync (for the whole family) songs like "Baby Love" and "A Lover's Concerto". I'm sure they enjoyed it, especially Ryan.

Motown offers such a wide variety of song selections that are great to listen to and work well to showcase talent and this was the case last night.

My Favorite:

Kris Allen-Favorite of the night. His twist on "How Sweet it Is" is my type of music and he is my type of guy. Low key, laid back, talented.

Matt Giraud-Besides always loving the song "Let's Get it On", he sang his little heart out and I LOVED it.

Everyone else: Fine. I do have to say I couldn't understand a single thing Allison sang. Her words all ran together and yet she was praised. I must be turning into my dad and need some closed captions going on while I watch. My guess for bottom 3 this week will be Michael, Megan (boohoo) and possibly Anoop. I'm hoping its Michael, as I would like to hear more good from Megan. She is stunningly beautiful...too bad about the bruise on her arm.

A word on Adam (*Warning* opinion coming. Please respect my constitutional rights and I will respect yours): Yeah, last night he sang great, but he also proved why I'm having a hard time with the guy. While I do like musical theater and own quite a bit of Broadway stuff, I don't think there is a place for it in American Idol. He is ALL theater and last night he was wearing a costume by golly! I wish he would have just come out normal like, without the throwback suit, hair do and blech makeup and sang his song. Even though he just sat there on a stool, he is always over the top, even in small things like wardrobe choice. Yes I'm being hard on him, but I think it's my own hardheaded frustration with everyone being in LOVE with him. My apologies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know Ryan loved our performances. What big brother wouldn't?

I think either Michael or the blind guy (why, oh, why can't I remember his name?) Are going home.

I'm not sure what to think about Adam. I have a hard time with his personality although I think he is good.

andrea said...

I have to catch up. I haven't gotten to watch it much.