Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Drive By Thoughts

As tomorrow is ALL about dental appointments for Mark and I and doctor's visits for Liv and Tess, I'm giving a quick volley of thoughts on tonight's AI performances.

Lil Rounds: Liked it-not loved it.

Scott MacIntyre: Novelty (sorry people with visual impairments). He has talent, but not enough to keep me keepin' up with him. His brother sure has a hard job getting him across the stage every week and looking excited while doing it. Do you think we'll see him in some of the group performances?

Adam Lambert: I'm not trying to pull a David Cook here, but I just don't like him. Glam Band. I really hate it when the judges peg contestants as the winner or in the finale so early on in the game. It does a disservice to the other contestants and I think jades the minds of the voters. What's the fun of watching if we already know who will be in the finale? I hope all of these contestants pick up their game BIG time and kick Adam and Danny in the booty. It will make the competition that much more exciting.

Alexis Grace: One of my top picks for girls. Not my favorite performance.

Allison Iraheta: Not my cup of tea, yet deserves to be in top 13.

Anoop Desai: I actually really like this guy and wish he would have chosen a different song. I agree with the judges, Beat It did nothing for what we all know he can do vocally.

Danny Gokey: So glad the producers didn't invoke thoughts of his dead wife. I get it...he's a widower. He is very good and fun to watch, I just hope he has a wider variety of song abilities, as I can't listen to Michael McDonald type songs over and over. For a good time : Justin Timberlake does John Mayer and Michael McDonald.

Jasmine Murray: Talented, beautiful, in over her head.

Jorge Nunez: Don't you love how last week Tatiana suddenly had a heavy Hispanic accent 'just like Jorge'? I wonder what she was trying to do there. Jorge is the most sincere contestant. He can stay for awhile, not to the end mind you, but for awhile.

Kris Allen: I was a little confused when he made it to the top 13, but I completely changed my mind tonight. He was most definetly my favorite of the night. I liked his twist and style on his song choice and as one of my favorite all time songs is currenlty "I'm Yours", I was digging the Jasan Mraz feel of it. Did you see his angry wife when Simon said he shouldn't have brought out the whole 'wife thing'? Them's fighten' words.

Matt Giraud: My 2nd favorite of the night. Like him, like his piano skills.

Megan Joy: I LOVE her quirky voice and style. I HATE her tattoo as it ruins every cute outfit she puts on. I WISH she would have chosen a different song. When the night started I thought to meself, "Megan is going to choose Rockin' Robin. I sure wish she wouldn't." Can I peg it or what? With the right song choice she could give Adam and Danny a run for that finale (or so I think.) She is my favorite girl. LOVE her.

Michael Sarver: Nice guy, forgettable and I'm with Simon, what does he do for a living?

P.S. In response to your question Whits (sorry about the late reply)...I thought it was painful to go through 4 judges opionions. It took tooooo long and while Kara never bugged me before, she did tonight. Just let me hear Simon and the performances. Period.
P.P.S. Why do we ALWAYS have to see Paula dancing? It could be a penguin on stage singing his love song to his forever companion and she would still be wiggling around clapping her hands like a baby still trying to get it's motor skills in sync. (I'm channeling my inner Simon.)
P.P.P. S. Ryan Seacrest has a teeny tiny noggin.

Sellick. Out.

3 comments:

Twisted Sister said...

I know! I agree with most of what you said... except the part about Adam.

Loves!

andrea said...

Oh oh................I need to catch up. I missed it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....this is so weird. I disagree with you on some things!

I enjoy Scott McIntyre. I think he has a lovely voice and I am amazed at his ability. It does always make us "seeing" people feel guilty when we think we can't do things!

I have converted to Adam. I loved "Black and White". Weird. So not like me. I was never a David Cook fan and I'm still not.

I like Allison. It comes so easily and naturally to her!

I thought Megan was still cute even though the judges trashed her. She needs to have a good night. I think it's in her.

Oh, yeah, I liked Kris, too. His wife was so funny! I wonder if she liked looking like that on national television.

P.S. Paula is a nut
P.P.S. Some of the contestants seem short and then you see them standing next to Seacrest and they dwarf him! How tall is he really?