We moved to Utah when I was 11 years old. Within just a few short months my parents sat us down and told us my mom had been drinking too much of the 'Utah water' and she was expecting another baby. My oldest brother's reaction was to look at my dad and ask, "How did that happen?" My sister Whitney and I just exchanged knowing looks. We had made a joint effort to pray extra hard for a new baby to come to our home. Prayer answered. That December the cutest, fattest headed baby was born and we immediately all adopted him as our own. From my Dad on down the line to Cole...he is Our Boy Brant. The poor thing is a mish mash of all 4 of his older brothers and sisters as we all had a part in raising him. This is a mixed blessing I'm sure. The next kid in age is Cole, who is 7 years older and the next brother Ryan is 7 years older than Cole. My FAVORITE thing about my brothers is that age has not mattered a drop. They are not just brothers in arm, but friends for life. Oh the stories I could tell...
We are beyond proud of the youngest of our Neider clan. He went and did what he was commanded to do. No question. No doubt. He watched his brothers leave and serve and he did the same. As a mother of (almost) 3 boys it is something I will appreciate forever. The standard has been set by a faithful father and 4 faithful uncles. The theme this month in primary is "Family members have important responsibilities." Thanks men for fulfilling one of those responsibilities by setting a stellar example for those to come behind you.
Picture collage of a great day in Neider History. 
This tie has a history! My oldest brother Ryan wore it on his mission to Chile and came off the plane wearing it. He handed it down to Cole who wore it during his 2 year sojourn in Arkansas and stepped off the plane also wearing it. Cole handed it down to Brant. He too stepped off the plane in the brothers' tie. It is worn and frayed, but has served it's wearers well. It is being retired as it has lived a good life.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




8 comments:
How could Brant be that old.....and how TALL is he??? That's exciting.
Mel
Whenever I think of Brant I think of Wax Paper and Chief! Honestly, when I use wax paper I think of Brant and how funny he is.
Welcome home, Brant!!! I'm so proud of you, too.
Great pictures of all of you! Brant looks really great and tan... and how could I forget how tall he is!
Thanks for this outstanding posting of the event. I felt like I was almost there. When they were crying in the picture, I was crying too. What a fun time for the family. He is just too handsome.
well how neat for you....a brother home from a mission...I'm sure you are quite proud of him.
Brant looks wonderful. He had matured and is a great man! We are all very proud of him. Love to all the Mark & Renee Neider clan!!
I can't believe I haven't been on your blog in almost a week! I've been missing out on this post! It is very good.
That is so funny that Josie remembers "Wax Paper" and "Chief". What in the world!? That reminds me of "Pepper".
Brant use to come to my cross-country meets with a black nose and whiskers drawn on his face. He was being a cat named "Pepper". All of my running friends would ask about Pepper and knew Brant by Pepper. I remember Brant so much this way. I missed out on all of his teenage years. It's fun to have him back! Cute pictures.
Post a Comment