Sunday, March 22, 2009

Could Have Been Bad to the Bone

Today the fam gathered to listen to Brant report on his mission. Good times. Good people. Always a nice chance to see extended family you don't get to see often enough. I talked AI with a cousin as geeky as me about the whole thing. We didn't agree on some of the contestants, but his baby is cute enough to consume, so I gave him a pass. My favorite comment of the day comes in from my dear grandma. She pulled James in real close and told him, "James I'm glad you are here. You are an answer to our prayers." She must not understand the force that is James. This just provides more fodder for him to use against me. Tonight on the drive home I told him I loved him (and I do most times) and he replied earnestly, "I know. I'm an answer to prayers."

It's a good thing he came along. Instead of seeing my little family happily rolling around, you could all be asking my mother, "What's Emily up too these days? Has she made the jump from stripper at Seamless to cast member in Celine Dion's show yet?" My mother would reply, "No. She is still trying to master the pole. We're praying for her."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jams certainly was your salvation. Where would you be now without your rock?

buildingburkmemories said...

so I don't picture you being a wild one!!!!! so hay if james is your rock then that is a good thing for you and your life. I'm glad things are going well in your family

Emily Rae said...

The point is....I never WAS a wild child. My biggest sin was staying out after 12:00 and lying about it...oh...and I skipped school a few times.

andrea said...

Listen...............Aunt Julie is listening here and she wouldn't take to any and I mean ANY derogitory comments about her sweet little Emily. So, I can attest to her non existent wildness. Tell James he can feel good about Grandma's comment. Tell him she says that to all of us. You know -- you are my favorite.

Natosha said...

Funny, I never thought of it that way before. Instead, I have been wondering for years where James would be without Emily. I've always thought of Emily as the rock.