Monday, January 12, 2009

The Lion and the Lamb














Sung to the tune "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke"


I'd like to buy the world a DS Lite and sit us down to play.
We'd talk and laugh and all our cares would simply go away.
I'd like to teach the world to sit just like these little ones.
I'd like to buy the world a DS Lite and we'd all have some fun.

Corney I know...but seeing these two sitting like this made me see visions of apple trees, honey bees and snow white turtle doves. I had to burst out into song.














Who would have known that a small investment on our part as parents would have such calming effects on the battling relationship between this brother and sister? This peace and quiet between our lion and lamb lasted ALL afternoon and in the words of the primary song I Lived in Heaven, "Gave us hope of a wonderful life yet to be."

Thank you Nintendo, thank you.

3 comments:

buildingburkmemories said...

its a wonderful thing when our children all seem to get along, and just enjoy time together, even if it is the weirdest things that bring them together. I've seen thins happen with my own kids.

Christine said...

I haven't blogged in so long. I was so excited to see your title go from sellick six to sellick 7. Welcome to the world of 5 kids. It's fun, but busy. I have NO time for blogging. Hope you are feeling alright and that the pregnancy treats you well. Congratulations and get as much rest as you can.

Twisted Sister said...

You're children are beautiful. Love these pictures!