The RULES:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog....
1-I love politics. I really enjoy listening, learning and following the goings on at Capitol Hill, especially during presidential campaigning season. I'm at the height of political pleasure right now! Weekdays you will find me tuned into RUSH 24/7 listening as El Rushbo educates my mind. I'm a true bleeding red Republican. I want our meager income to remain ours. I feel a life is a life, yet strongly believe in capital punishment. Marriage is between a man and a woman. I know capitalism is what makes the American world go around. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and not the Church of Al Gore and Global Warming. I want to be in charge of my health care, not Hillary Clinton...No way! No how! While I do live in an area heavily populated by migrant workers and do see the need for them, I do know restrictions need to exist and amnesty isn't the answer. I want to feel safe every minute of everyday. Build up that military! And above all... I want to drive a great big huge SUV, so we need to start drilling for oil in Alaska so I can afford to. I could keep going, but I'll stop now and spare you all. I'm even boring myself ; )
2-I always sit in the back of the room at church or in a classroom. It's not so I can hide. I just like to observe and listen. I always have a lot to say, but rarely ever do I. My high school gals will scoff at this, but my quick to speak, loaded temper personality has matured and become one with itself. I am zen.
*This of course excludes those moments at home when Nate tips over his milk for the millionth time that day, Mark falls to pieces because he can't have root beer for breakfast, Olivia relocates EVERYTHING in her bedroom or Tess pulls off yet another plate full of food from the table.
3- Quick! Call PETA! I am one of those horrible, awful people who hates, HATES dogs. Please dog lovers don't be offended. This does not apply to you personally, just your dog. My father-in-law once told me you could tell a lot about a person by how they treat dogs. I'm not sure if he was getting at anything in particular, but it did make me pause to think...just for a second though. I'm not mean to dogs. I do however, hold them in great disdain. I don't want their noses on my bare ankles in the summer. I don't want their noses in my crotch. I don't want their fur all over my clothes or in my food. And when I come to visit teach at your house, I don't want them jumping into my lap for a kiss. "Isn't that sweet?" No! It's not! If there is poop in the park my kids will step in it. If there is poop in your yard, my kids will step in it. If there is poop in the middle of the road with a big sign that says, "STOP! POOP in Road!"Yes! My kids will step in it.
Puppies are sorta, kinda cute.
4-James and I love to watch movies together. Whether it's at home or at the theater, movies are 'our thing'. My dream day would be to drop the kids off with a sitter and spend the entire day at a theater hopping from one movie to the next. I could live on nachos, popcorn, Junior Mints and Diet Coke. Whenever James asks me what I want to do for my birthday this is what I tell him. It hasn't happened yet, but the seeds are planted.
5-I make a wicked sugar cookie, the kind that melt in your mouth. If you want the secret, ring my bell, give me the code word and I'll spill the beans. Code word: Cream Jump.
6-After dinner we turn the music up way too loud and sing and dance while we clean up. I'm one of those people who desperately wishes they could sing, but can't. The after dinner show is my one true moment to shine. We were on a Michael Jackson kick for awhile, but after Mark and Livvy had learned all of the lyrics to "Billy Jean" we knew it was time to move on. Our line-up right now consists of Fergie, Sean Kingston, Amy Winehouse, Natasha Bedingfield and for a little bit of nostalgia, The Black Crows. Nate is doing pretty good with, "Hey little thing let me light your candle, cause mama I'm sure hard to handle now, get's around."
I wish I knew 6 people with blogs to tag who haven't already been tagged, but alas I don't.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




7 comments:
I HATE dogs too! You're stock totally just went up with me!
Tim was just telling me yesterday that he wants a lab now because he knows he can train them. I told him not until we move. I'm trying to hold him off as long as possible.
If I knew your family had ever kept a dog longer than a year I would tell you that was a good idea....I just can't though!
I loved this post...it was fun to learn more about you. We have a lot in common!
We don't have that good of a track record. Just don't let anything surprise you. I'm just along for the ride.
Well Sam has been wanting a dog...or a brother for a few years now. We had been telling him that he could have a dog when he turned 8...the brother thing may never happen! So school hasn't been going so well and he kinda quit trying and put his heels in the ground and said "he didn't want to learn his letters and wasn't going to read." He's stubborn, like me. I had this great idea that we'd let him have a dog as soon as he could read. Maybe it wasn't a good idea, but it sure kicked him into gear and guess who's reading!
You and I have so much in common, but I do like dogs on a case by case basis. So...we are getting a small one and I am picking it out, but Sam is reading and I don't have to produce a brother any time soon. Now I just have to convince his teacher that he can actually "process information"...that it's just his stubborn streak she's been dealing with all year. Kids!
Post a Comment