Friday, January 25, 2008

New Craze at the Sellick House

The newest craze at the Sellick house are the Webkinz. Olivia got the black lab puppy from Santa. I had never heard of them, but happened upon them while cruising the net. I put the bug in Santa's ear and he came through Christmas morning. For those not in the 'know' they are little Ganz stuffed animals that come with a code the owner uses to become a member at the Webkinz homepage (www.webkinz.com). After the code is entered the user can set up a world for their 'pet'. Olivia christened her puppy Itty Bitty and by playing games online Olivia earns money to set up a house and buy clothes and food for Itty Bitty. She is crazy about this and has great fun decking Itty Bitty out. She even bought a toilet for her house that I've noticed gets used regularly. Her best friend Katelyn's birthday was today and she had soooooooo much fun picking out a Webkinz for the party. She settled on the brown lab puppy and insisted that we put pink ribbons in her hair (ears). I've never seen Olivia more excited for a b-day party. Now that Katelyn has her own Webkinz they can hook up at the website and play games together. Too fun! For those of you with kids about this age this has been a fun thing for Olivia. She has reached a hard age for gifts, as she is in between the toy age and the more mature things. It's always good to find something they love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw those a few months ago and had no clue what they were all about. I hate stuffed animals so I didn't bother to research, but it sounds like a lot of fun. We need to get our computer out of the office, I'd let my kids on it more if I could watch them easier.

Anonymous said...

Ali Belle's friend has one of these. I know she's had her eye on them for a while now!

Emily Rae said...

Well hold off because Olivia has her eye on one for Ali Belle's b-day! You too Haley...be prepared a stuffed animal is coming your way.