Just a little update on Mark. He got his cast on Thursday and was given 3 rules for which James and I are very grateful. He was told, #1 Do not stick things down your cast. No toys, food, hangers, pencils, etc. This made me laugh when I thought about my brother-in-law Tim putting peas down his cast when he was a little boy. "Oh course I ate my peas Mom!" I bet he smelt yummy by the time it came off. #2 Do not get your cast wet. This has made for some great moments trying to get him to brush his teeth and comb his hair. He's convinced any little drop of water will send him back to the hospital for another IV and more surgery. I won't even try and
describe bath time. #3 Do not use your cast as a weapon. This is a critical rule when your brother is 2 years old and loves nothing more than to drive you crazy. From following him into the bathroom, to stealing Legos, to fighting over who gets to sit where and with what place mat at the dinner table...this rule is a must have. Our next big hurdle is to get him out of the habit of whining and demanding instant gratification. Little kids are smart, adaptable creatures. He quickly learned he could get what he wanted instantly those first few days. He is not learning so quickly how to get out of the behavior. It is an uphill battle. My mom gave me some good advice to tell him...he may have a cast on his left arm, but he doesn't have one on his backside.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment