Monday, December 10, 2007

Pretties On Our Tree

Every ornament on our tree has a story behind it. There's the elf my aunt made me when I was a child, an angel my mother hand painted for her and my dad's 1st Christmas tree, the Nauvoo temples the kids got from our trip there 5 yrs. ago, many handmade ones from James' and my 1st tree and so many more. It truly is a walk down memory lane when I get out all of these treasures. I thought I would share a sample of just a few favorites.



This is Tessie's 1st ornament, Humpty Dumpty.I love glass ornaments and the glow they put off from the lights on the tree.


Here is a good picture of James. I found the frame ornament at Wal-Mart and just had to buy it and put his deputy picture in it. He especially likes how I place it on the tree so that when you sit on the couch it is right there staring you in the face. It's a good memory of our time here in Burley.



My mother gives all the kids an ornament every year. The red truck is last years ornament of the boys. Just love it!





I would like to introduce you the the King and Queen of the Cats. They reign over our tree every Christmas and give us a good chuckle every time we look at them.


One year in primary we gave all the kids a cute picture ornament for Christmas with their picture in it. This is when Olivia was a sunbeam. It simply makes me smile and wish to have her back right at that age again. Right by her is a shiny Logan Temple that I got last year. I met my sweetheart 12 yrs. ago on the 17th and he took me to the Logan Temple 5 mos. later. I'm still crazy about him!





Tinker Bell is a favorite at our house. I got this ornament on our last trip to Disneyland 2 yrs ago. Can't wait to find another treasure this weekend for our tree.

0 comments: