Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Are You There World? It's Me, Emily

Could my life be any fuller? I won't use the word busy, because then I turn into a martyr. And that I refuse to do...


Let' see:

*House walls painted-yeah!
*Working on trim-blah!
*Liv singing the national anthem w/school choir at some basketball game this Friday-yeah!
*Singing song at basketball game that I don't want to take Clint to-therefor Dad is taking daughter and it eats up my entire Friday night-blah!
*Mark down to 2 basketball games left-yeah!
*The end of watching Mark squirrel his way up and down the court-blah!
*Registering Nate for Kindergarten-yeah x100!
*Losing Nate's company while youngsters sleep the afternoon away-blah!
*Tess yelling "Wedgie Time!"-yeah!
*Tess yelling "Wedgie Time!" when we walk into the nursery on Sunday-blah!
*Clint taking two, 2 hr. naps a day-yeah!
*Clint still waking up to eat nightly-blah (okay I will bend a little on this one...I love rubbing his head while he nurses)

So in between painting, typing, mothering, sewing a gaggle of can-can skirts, wife-ing and all the other fullness in my life I haven't gotten around to blogging about American Idol. After last week's weak performances I decided I don't feel too bad about it. I was incredibly underwhelmed last week. My mom was here and we are usually glued to the t.v., shooshing away children if they even try to breath while the contestants sing. Not so last week...we talked all the way through. I left wondering how these 24 were the top 24. So I approached this week's boy's night with a lackluster excitement. I will admit right along with the judges they did do 100% better this week. My favorite by far last night was a young nervous, mullet rocking Alex Lambert. I found him endearing AND I enjoyed his song, style, voice, vibe, etc. I have hope for Andrew Garcia, Lee DeWyze and Casey James as ones to root for. Your thoughts?

P.S. Andrea you haven't been out this way enough this year...come for an AI finale party!

6 comments:

rich said...

Ha ha..........I almost cried when I saw you had posted. Amen to all of your comments. We do love big Mike tho'. Rich was wanting Casey to do better. Mel and I want John Park to go NOW. We are in the wait and see mode. I kind of like the cut one that was the last minute substitute, but so far no one stands out. No swoon factor yet.

A fun AI Party.......that sounds like so much fun.

rich said...

That is too funny........both of these comments are from Andrea not Rich.

Whitney said...

You know that Alex had no idea he had a mullet until Ellen told him. He was so surprised. (Am I right or is this something that has been addressed before?)

If Andrea comes to an AI party then I am SOOO there.

andrea said...

I'm blue after hearing the girls last night. What a let down of talent.

Josie said...

I am so glad to see you posted about AI!!!! I have to admit I was a little worried when you didn't post last week. I would have missed discussing AI with Emily (and I will add Whitney)Yea! Last week was a bore so I had a hard time getting into this week. I haven't watched! I will catch up before they boot a couple off tonight. Loved watching last weeks guy get the boot, he was so into himself.

Whitney said...

Ahhhh....Josie just made my day :) It's the little things in life, no?