I'm not sure how it happened, but the other night after dinner the kids all congregated around James in sort of a dog-pile, everyone in moment. We looked at each other across the table and our minds just spoke to one another...we are totally, completely, 100% out numbered.
It's good for us that they are not like the ants in Bugs Life. The light bulb has not clicked on yet. Given enough will power they could totally take us down.
Of course, maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. If they took us down there would be no one to wipe bums, fix good meals, work them through their homework while they cry, wash pasta sauce out of their white shirts, change their pee pee sheets in the middle of the night, buy movie treats for movie night, provide movie night, tie shoes, wash faces, kiss boo boos and all the other stuff that only the 'Big' people can do.




4 comments:
Too bad you're not in the pic. I think this would make a great Christmas card. Well, you could still use it and then just throw in a pretty, well-posed picture of yourself. I really love James in this picture!
Emily...I LOVE the picture. It is priceless and REAL.
Whitney's idea is brilliant. :-) Such a funny picture!
I honestly LOVE that picture. It's priceless - the look on James' face, all the kids loving their dad and doing their own thing. That's what families are all about.
Post a Comment