Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Muffins Vs. Jeans

I've had a problem lately and it's come in the form of this delightful little muffin. Not yet fitting into my 'long time ago' jeans? Yep, and I think I can point my finger directly at this newest addiction (I won't mention my late night ice cream love affair. I don't want to hurt its feelings). This recipe makes up quickly, has a high yield (3 dozen) and is a fun fall treat to take to neighbors and visiting teaching sisters. My kids eat them like crazy and like them warmed in the microwave with a glass of milk. They're healthy right? Pumpkin is good for you and I know it counteracts all of the sugar included. Right? I am therefore providing the recipe for these tastey gems in hopes that the rest of my loved ones can fill out their own jeans just a little bit better.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Combine:
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips (you know me, i add more!)

Combine:
4 eggs
2 cps pumpkin (canned Libby's Pure Pumpkin, not pie mix)
1 cup oil
3 cps sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp nutmeg

Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix well. Fill muffin liners and bake at 325 for approximately 25 minutes.

Hint: Libby's has two types of canned pumpkin, pure and pie mix. Don't buy the canned pie mix. It will make the muffins too runny. I don't understand the science behind it, but it's true. Also, if you buy the big can of pumpkin, use just under 2 cups and you will have enough pumpkin for another batch of muffins. This doesn't effect the muffin in any way and that's 6 dozen muffins people! 6 dozen of course to share with friends, family and co-workers ; )

Think of me fondly as you finish off batch after batch and call me if you need to go shopping for some new jeans. I'm in need of some new ones myself.

4 comments:

Tristan Neider said...

Emily,
You read my mind. How did you know I've been craving these all week. The only thing holding me back was my lack of a recipe. I will be making these soon. Thanks for the post.

Tristan

Emily Rae said...

Tristan you and I have always been in tune...I'm like your 5th sister (I can pretend right?). What should we crave next?

Tristan Neider said...

Emily,
I say chicken noodle soup. I'm giving that one a try for dinner tonight.
I do consider you another sister. You can never have too many sister's:)

Emily Rae said...

We had homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner on Tuesday. Too funny.