Yesterday while I was lying on my bed in self pity an angel in white shorts knocked on my door.
(Self pity you may ask? Yes...I am soooooo done being pregnant. Sleep eludes me, my hips have revolted against me and my tummy has refused to expand any further to accommodate our young prince who will most certainly arrive to my arms and demand a king sized bed. Due to these very whiny factors floating about in my brain I am prone to bouts of pouting. It's fun for one and all I promise, just ask James.)
It was in this condition that my angel arrived at the door and in her celestial hands she held a bag of popsicles. I marveled at this, because just moments earlier I had told my 4 overheated children they could all have a popsicle and upon opening the freezer they were greeted by 2 EMPTY popsicle bags. Not a good mom moment I'm afraid. I supplied them with the next best thing, frozen chocolate chips, and headed off to bed.
With a heavenly glow about her, my angel stated happily, "It's sooo hot today and I thought these might come in handy around here." She presented me with a brand of popsicles I had never seen before. She then proceeded to tell me the popsicles were a brand out of Utah and were her family's favorite. She just happened to find them, of all places, here in Burley, Idaho. Can you imagine the joyous racous that occurred when my children beheld the popsicles? Heavenly choirs can only match the moment. The popsicles? Pace Popsicles out of Bountiful, Utah. TOO DIE FOR DELICIOUS. After our heavenly being floated to her fire truck red suburban and drove off we dove into that bag of popsicles like the heathens we are. I was delighted to discover that the red popsicles were not cherry flavored, but were in fact Tiger's Blood. The JOY! Did you know such a popsicle flavor existed? I again retreated to the comfy confines of my bed and air conditioned room and savored every moment of that Tiger's Blood popsicle and as each bite melted in my mouth...so did my self pity melt away. Even at our most poutiest, poor me attitudes Heavenly Father sends blessings. And popsicles on a hot day are a blessing indeed.
Are there angels among us? Most certainly. They walk in the ordinary shoes (flip flops) of ordinary, everyday people who are in tune enough with the Spirit and kind enough to act on the promptings given.
My goal for the day? Be happy...listen for promptings...head to Stokes grocery store and buy every available bag of Pace Popsicles containing Tiger's Blood flavored sticks of joy.
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




5 comments:
My sister in law is a Pace from Bountiful! Her brother in law makes them and it is his grandpa's recipe!
I was thinking about my comment and I feel rude! Sort of sounded like I only cared about popsicles! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing in the final days of pregnancy! I wish I were closer to help you out. Can't wait to see a post of baby Clint.
you deserved that precious angel. i love this story. good luck the rest of your pregnancy. you can do it!
I am a little ways behind you, and not feeling too bad yet. Although these 115 degree temperatures may possibly kill me in the next couple of months...I have had Tigers Blood Icees before, but never a popsicle. I am so jealous.
Whenever I go to a Sno Shack I always order Tiger's Blood.....yum! I see I need to track down the Pace popsicles. Which grocery store did you find them at?
You are almost done. In fact, you practically are done being pregnant.....for the rest of your life! Be sure to take a picture of you at 9 months pregnat before you have him!
Post a Comment