Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's a Mad, Mad World

Awhile ago Cole and Tristan tended to Ryan and Colleen's kids while they went to the temple. After R &C picked up the kids and about a minute into the drive home, Trent (my nephew) said with all sincerity:

"Mom, What kind of scientist is Cole?"
Colleen said "I don't know exactly, I think he runs tests on blood antibodies or something of the sort"
Trent then replied, "Mom, the garage door eeked open and I saw something in there; It was a table with a blanket over it and feet! Cole is working on something in there and not telling Tristan."

















Our family has laughed and laughed about this. We liked the idea of Cole working on secret things in his 'laboratory' and not telling an unsuspecting Tristan of his dark deeds. To help further the notion of having a mad scientist for an uncle, Dr. Cole treated all of the kids with a visit to his laboratory on Halloween. He explained to the kids that Pete from 'Don't Eat Pete' was actually eaten and his 'left over' body parts were sent to his lab for testing. He borrowed the pieces for the night to show off to the kids. All of the kids were shocked and somewhat disgusted with the idea...as the pictures so aptly show. Dr. Cole had the kids touch the body parts and guess which parts they were touching. A few of the adults even got in on the action. I was lucky enough to touch the heart. One word: Gross.
























These 2 brothers sat clutching each other like a pair of spider monkeys the entire time. They were determined not to have anything to do with Dr. Cole's experiments on Pete.

3 comments:

Tristan Neider said...

Those pictures are great. I love Nate and Mark. They truly look terrified.

Anonymous said...

I also love the picture of Cole and Trent. Trent is definitely uneasy about all of this!

Melanie said...

Emily

That is sooo funny. I think those poor kids will be warped for life. Thanks for sharing.

Mel