Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Wonderfulness of New

I've been on a blogging hiatus and not by choice. We have had a busy couple of weeks here at the Burley Homestead, which left little time for deep pondering by me in my little known part of the world.

The BESTEST thing to happen in the last week was the purchase of a brand spakin' new crib for Tess. With the arrival of every new family member, beds, dressers and rooms have to be shifted around, which James and I are finding is fairly expensive! Tess has been sleeping in the pack n' play while Nate inhabitated the old crib. The little weed had finally grown too big for her surroundings so we had to bite the bullet and buy a new one. The old crib is a sad, sad story. Our very 1st darling teethed on it and turned it ugly. This is the reason her daddy calls her Liv Dog...she chewed the crib just like a naughty little puppy. Do you remember the joy of buying and setting up a brand new crib for your 1st baby? The fun it was to think about what little package was going to go in it? I had so much fun putting together that 1st pink crib and dreaming about a little redheaded pixie. Who would have dreamed that she would yes, be cute, but also chew her lovely bed to pieces! The moment I saw the quarter sized holes ALL across the upper panels of the crib and side rails I knew I had to live with it. I also knew I would probably have to live with it through more babies, which would turn out to be somewhat difficult as I always wanted to put my brand new babies into something new. Alas, I dealt with it and moved on. It is easy to admit though that when Mark, Nate and Olivia all piled into the crib this last winter for a good jump and broke said crib I was secretly thrilled and my dream of a new crib has finally come to pass. It is a funny thing being a mom. I really enjoy how getting something for one of my kids is just as if it was purchased for me. I find great satisfaction in looking at our new crib...maybe I'll sleep in it tonight! It's also great to go and get Tess in the morning and find her opposite than the way I laid her and in the other corner. She has room to roam.

2 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

I love that white one! VERY cute! PB? Target? BabiesRUS?

Emily Rae said...

Thanks :)I got it at my home away from home...Target.