Saturday, May 15, 2010

Help Meet

Last weekend in the midst of "Ankle Gate" the phone rang:


Relief Society President: Emily I heard through the neighborhood grapevine you twisted both ankles. What can we do?

Emily: While it is a 3 Ring Circus around here, we're doing just fine. Our biggest dilemma is trying to decide who is going to get up and find the remote.

RSP: Can we bring meals in? Watch your kids?

Emily: We've been living off of microwave meals while the kitchen floor is being tiled. I'm pretty sure I can work the microwave with or without functioning ankles. And Congress will be restructuring the child labor laws just for Olivia. Her sippy cup fetching abilities have improved drastically in the last 24 hrs.

RSP: Are you sure there is nothing we can do?

Emily: Actually, I've been mowing the lawn and I was going to ask your son Matt if I could pay him $5 to come mow our lawn for us.

James patiently listening to conversation: You've mowed the lawn 1 time. Can you really say, "I've been mowing the lawn"? You've been mowing it all spring too.

James...so happy to have him around to keep me grounded in reality.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I have to admit you are one lucky girl to have gotten James. Those husbands keep us humble, bless their hearts. Your anklegate story is too much. You can't make up stuff this crazy. Call your RS Pres back and tell her you have changed your mind. You really do need a couple of meals, but James said he will mow the lawn.

Whitney said...

Oh, Emily! You and James make me laugh out loud! I am really proud of you for mowing a lawn.