Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Juices are a Flowing

My sewing machine has reemerged from it's box, my table is out and in the way, the ironing board is planted squarely in the middle of the family room and my family is looking out for stick pins, so as not to get one stuck in their precious feet...


Yep I've got the crafting bug surging through my system and a brand new, FAV website with fresh ideas to ensure the bug ain't going anywhere...

The site is called Made. I'm loving this site for many reasons. Dana's approach to sewing is fun and simple, which is exactly my style. I have a hard time coming up with the idea, but once I see something I know I can do, I run with it and Dana fits that idea need. I'm currently sewing a collection of her can-can skirts. My love for these treasures cannot be expressed in words. "Love" them just doesn't seem appropriate enough. Enthralled? Enraptured? Mesmerized? I just can't decide. I'm also thrilled with the 'Celebrate the Boy' theme for the month and will be on the hunt for the perfect fabric to sew some lazy lounge pants for Clint, bum motif and all. The only problem I'm (James) encountering with this whole sewing mess is that I've decided I need a new sewing machine and a serger. He questioned what a serger did and I told him it finished projects off nice and professional. "That's all?" I forgot to add the 'it makes me happy' part. It's sort of like how his 5 speakers and receiver make him happy. I don't get it...but his smile as he watches a movie define it all.

In conclusion: I'm sewing, sewing and sewing. I should be painting, painting and painting, but I needed a break (I won't tell you said break has been going on since before Christmas!) I'll post pics as my list of projects gets accomplished.

I leave you with the view from my table.
Yes those are moving boxes. We're still waiting on carpet before we unpack everything. We find the boxes give our home a nice, warm feeling. And yes that is laundry waiting to be folded sitting next to Clint. He was letting me down on his chores this morning. He got tired and took a nap instead of getting to work.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

A picture is worth a thousand words. I think that pretty much sums up your life right now. Look at little Clint, he looks so please with himself as if he is somehow participating in this projects!

I think that James should go all out for Valentines day this year and get you that serger. Whenever I want something I always think, "Hmmm....what occasion or holiday is coming up that it would make sense for Tim to buy me that?"

Happy sewing!

Whitney said...

P.S. I should have re-read my previous post BEFORE I clicked "publish". It is riddled with typos! Sorry!

Melanie said...

Okay, Emily, you cannot talk up a website like that and then NOT give the address to it. I would love to take a look.

Emily Rae said...

It's linked through the button in the post Mel-I would never NOT share...

Melanie said...

Thanks...duh! Obviously I'm a bit sleep deprived to not have figured that one out! Thanks.
Mel

Wendell Shantala said...

We miss you here in good old Burley. Taya still speaks of her boyfriend Nate! So cute. Clint is getting so big and all your kids are just beautiful. Take care
Shantala