Dilemma: 5 kids+Limited Funds=Too Few Date Nights
Does anybody else out there have the same equation in their own lives? My list of resolutions for the new year included solving this equation. Einstein I am not, but I decided I could easily tackle this one. I recently read an article in a magazine, which described 6 'at-home' dates one couple executed 6 weekends in a row. Just the idea I needed!
I informed James of my plans and his assignment of planning 3 of the dates. Luckily he was all in for the idea, as I noticed his resolution list from FHE last week included #4: Date Emily. He and I were soooo meant for each other.
DATE #1:
*Get kids to bed, including 5 month old with plans of his own.
*Fill bathtub with hot water and bubbles.
*Pour Sparkling Vanilla Cream Soda into goblets received as a wedding gift 14 yrs. ago. I don't do sparkling cider...yuck. I decided to forgo on the fancy bottle and went for A&W's 2 liter bottle. Taste over look. It worked swell and looked just as pretty in the goblets.
*Place chocolate covered strawberries on plate....sooooo good. I found some dipping chocolate in the baking aisle. You just microwave it for 30 seconds, stir and dip.
*Light candles.
*Eat-drink-visit-soak-relax-pretend there aren't 5 small, sleeping Sellicks placed throughout the abode.
*Laugh selves silly at Michael, Gob and Buster Bluth. Hello Brother. Arrested Development always works for us, even the 4th and 5th times watching the same episodes.
Grade: A+
I can't wait to see what James has planned for next week. I've already got mine planned for 2 weeks from now. Hint: Kung Fu
Personal Revelation
8 years ago




2 comments:
I so-o have this problem! Great idea! I may copy you as I do with a lot of things! Oh, and i love your new family picture.
I am so excited to here all of your ideas. You need to grade them all. I like the way James put his resolution: "Date Emily". That sounds just like him ;)
Post a Comment