Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I've Got Connections-


I've been waiting and waiting for the day James's job as a cop would pay off for me. My wallet was lost (stolen?) last week while shopping at the one department store here in Burley. Along with ALL of my bank cards, stamps, 21 cents, Great Harvest punch card and brand new temple recommend was my license. OH! That dreaded license! I hated my license before I even got it. I was 7 mos. pregnant when it was time to renew. My face was puffy, my nose was bulbous and red and my neck looked like it could be a twin to John Goodman. I hated that license. The silver lining in having my wallet disappear was the need for a new one. I was quite pleased with such a prospect. We went down to the Sheriff's Department and were welcomed with open arms. I thought to myself, "Oh my goodness! Here's my chance for the perfect license picture! These ladies know my husband and seem to quite like him!" Sure enough, even with an office full of people waiting in line behind me, the lady cooed and talked with Tess, joked with James and let me take AS MANY PICTURES AS I WANTED until I got one I liked. I even tried out my "Magnum" look for the camera. In the end I walked away with a license to show off. Just ask me and I'll show you. Now if I can just get out of a ticket the next time I am pulled over...

0 comments: